Monday, July 25, 2011

More About White

In my last post I talked about all the colors I was using for the white blouse that Jesse is wearing in the painting.  I mentioned that when finished it will be perceived as a white blouse. However, because of the way light works it is more natural to do this with all the colors I discussed rather than just using white from the tube.  Here is another illustration of that but this time in the landscape.  This is a detail of a large painting I did of the Great Falls in March, "Spring Rush".  Rushing, foaming water as you see here or in the crashing waves of the ocean is full of color and movement and great fun to paint!

COMING UP:  Plein Air paintout with the Washington Society of Landscape Painters this Sunday the 31st at Sugar Loaf Mountain in Maryland then back to the Torpedo Factory Dock for paintouts on Sunday August 7th and 14th. 

SALMAGUNDI CLUB show opens on August 8th http://www.salmagundi.org/  "Heading to the Falls" has arrived safe and sound in NYC and ready to be hung.  I will be attending the awards reception on August 19th and looking forward to it!  http://www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment