Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Painting Jesse update


Painting of Jesse in progres #2


Underpainting for Erik's Pond

Today I continued work on the painting of Jesse building up the color and refining the light from the window.  I had fun with the silver, the fabric and Jesse's hair.  Her face is just about where I want it and at this stage I get nervous making adjustments to it.  Tomorrow I need to concentrate more on the lower portion of the painting and bring it up to the level of the rest of the piece.
        Also today I heard back from my client Erik who was enthusiastic about study #4 and has therefore given me the go ahead.  By tomorrow the underpainting of burnt umber, pictured above, should be dry enough for me to start work.  This will be an interesting project since he will be able to follow my posts of the progress of the painting and he can watch his painting evolve and ask for adjustments along the way.  This will be an interactive process and I hope you will find it interesting as well!             http://www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment