Friday, May 24, 2013

Just Shipped Out

"Morning, Washington Square Park" 20x16 oil on gessoboard
     Time has really flown and I realized yesterday that it was time to get this painting shipped to Michigan for the Oil Painters of America Summer Salon Show.  It will be in the resort town of Petoskey from June 21st until August 31st and I am truly happy to be part of this.  Being part of anything with OPA is a good thing.  If you would like to read about the upcoming show and see some wonderful paintings go to this link; www.oilpaintersofamerica.com  The salon show information is on the menu on the right and all the paintings in the show have been uploaded there.

       We are getting ready to leave for the Outer Banks of North Carolina again and I am eager to get back on the beach and paint.  I am very much in plein air mode right now but need to plan what I will be painting in the studio next.  So many subjects come to mind as I have had a lot of inspiration.  There is Lake Cayuga in NY State, the Potomac, and the wonderful pastures of Northern Virginia.  Whatever I decide I think I want to work on gessoboard again.  I need to prepare some panels and I think it wise not to start anything until I get back in town.  Instead I will get out with my pochade box and paint.  I plan on heading to Daingerfield Island early this week.  It is a wonderful location to paint and just 10 minutes away!

     Here is an image of my completed plein air painting from Wednesday.  The colors are off a little.  The original (which you can see on the easel in my last post) is not so green.  It was difficult taking photographs today because the weather was dark and dreary and I had to use the studio lights.  Not great for taking photos. 
     To all my readers here in the States, I hope you are able to enjoy the Memorial Day Weekend. Mother Nature has been hitting hard just try to remember all the beauty she provides. My best to all!
"The Bridge at Riley's Lock" (Seneca MD) 8x10 oil on linen panel
www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment