Friday, January 3, 2014

A Beautiful End To "Hercules" On The Outer Banks






 
Hercules Visits the Outer Banks

      This morning we woke up to the sound of pounding surf. Looking out the window we could see there was plenty of the white stuff but happily it was not snow! Foamy white surf was airborn by 40 mile an hour winds. I bundled up and headed down to the beach where I was given quite a sandblasting but lasted long enough to get some good photos. Clearly, I would be painting from a window today. Winter storm Hercules came in hard and fast. I know we have snow waiting for us back in Virginia tomorrow so we will have some shoveling to do after all.

     In the afternoon I painted this study from one of the front windows. The tide was heading out but there was still plenty of action. I will add this one to my 6x8 inch mini series "Surf".You can see others I have done earlier in the year on the Minis page of my website www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com

"January Nor'Easter" 6x8 oil on panel
 












 

No comments:

Post a Comment