Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Brief Painting Session

Second session on untitled Pennsylvania Ave. painting

              BRRR! Another day in the deep freeze!  I was in and out most of the day and spent a good amount of time at the barn making sure my horse Gypsy was well exercised. She is 20 and making sure she stays warm and limber is important on these frigid days.
               I came home and got to work for a couple of hours in my wonderfully warm studio which is much appreciated on days like this. As you can see I have begun to add color to the new Pennsylvania Avenue painting and will continue working all around the painting before refining the image and adding heavier applications of paint. The painting is still quite rough and I look forward to the refinement stage. Also rough is this photo. It is straight out of the camera and I have uploaded it to my iPad so I can sit before the fire and create this post. It is not a very good image, the sky is much brighter than it appears here but at least you can see how the painting is developing.

               In a couple of days my year long mini series "The Farmhouse" will come to an end and it looks like the final paintings will be snow paintings. When I get them all uploaded to my website I will let you know. Now I want to find another subject for a mini series. I do have the Surf series but I only work on that when I am at the Outer Banks. By the way, it would be great fun to be there now as they are expecting 10 to 12 inches of snow! I would love to paint snow covered dunes and beach with a pounding surf. That is a sight seldom seen in North Carolina!

No comments:

Post a Comment