Wednesday, January 15, 2014

More Progress

"January Snow", 12x24 oil on panel

           This afternoon was sunny so I put in a couple of more hours on this new painting from my last post. The title is a tentative one as I believe I have used it before.   It is almost done and I am sure it will be the next time I work on it. I would like that to be tomorrow but I will be involved in meetings most of the day and I don't know if there will be enough light by the time I get home. Frustrating! Titanium white takes a long time to dry and as I used plenty of it in this painting I can probably skip a day and still be able to work wet into wet. I am happy with this one so far but I wish I could come up with a better title.

          I received good news from the Salmagundi Club in NY today informing me that both of my paintings were selected for the upcoming Black and White Exhibit. It will be the 136th! Quite a long running tradition and I am happy to be participating in it. Scroll back to my December posts to see "Rain In The City" and "24 Hour Cafe" which are the two paintings that will be in the show. They also told me that the painting I submitted for the Members Annual Exhibit was accepted as well. That will be a big show and will be the first in the newly renovated upper gallery. It will be a grand reopening and I do hope I am able to travel up for it. That show will be in February but as finishing touches are still being worked on in the gallery the opening date has not yet been set. In any case all three paintings have to be there by the 24th of January so I have some packing and shipping to do!
www.salmagundi.org

No comments:

Post a Comment