Thursday, March 20, 2014

"Morning Light, Outer Banks"


"Morning Light, Outer Banks" 10x20 oil on canvas

      The painting above is from this morning and was painted from a window overlooking the ocean. It seems even the Atlantic is sporting spring colors in honor of the start to this, my favorite season. It was a truly beautiful day! The only sad thing is this will be my last rough surf painting for the week. Things have quieted down considerably this afternoon. There are still large waves rolling towards the beach but they are rolling in a much more orderly fashion. The only way you can tell that it is still rather windy is by the spray blowing backwards from the waves.

     Since I have been painting from the window I have been using the full box French easel I keep here at the house. That means I can work larger than the little panels I packed for my pochade. I was happy to find the little art supply store in Kitty Hawk is still alive and well ( which is quite an achievement considering the "big box" competition) and they even had one of my favorite size canvases for beach paintings, the 10x20 above. This was the last they had or I would have bought more to keep here for the next trip down.

     We will be heading home Saturday so I need to start planning what I will be painting in my studio next week. I have some shows coming up so I think it is time for more cityscapes. However, I fear my heart will still be here on the beach!   www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment