Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Almost Finished!

Erik's Pond 30x40 oil on linen (nearing completion)
This one is just rolling off the brush and is almost complete!  Tomorrow I will work the foreground just a little more and I will add the heron.  I want it in flight low against the water.  That way if it turns out to be a mistake I can more easily paint it out in that location.  I really don't want to rework the sky as it is just where I want it right now.  Having to paint out the heron could make a mess of it.  I am really liking this painting!  Of course the important thing is that Erik really like it too.  Further back in my posts you can see the location whre the painting will hang.  I think the light in this painting will have the desired effect and I am looking forward to seeing it framed.
     Well, I am taking a dinner break and then I want to spend a short time on that little boat painting from Sunday before calling it quits for the day.  It will be quite a gear shift from this piece.  I plan to take "Jesse"out of the closet tomorrow and see what I think of the painting and decide whether or not to enter it in a national show.  What will be next on the easel I don't know yet.  I think I will spend some more time painting out and seeing where those paintings lead.  I would love to do another along the lines of Erik's Pond because I enjoy working with those colors and that kind of light.  We shall see.......http://www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment