Monday, August 29, 2011

Clean Up and Catch Up


Winter Morning, Key Bridge 12x24 oil on board (plein air)

Key Bridge, Winter Morning, 8x10 oil on panel

Well, the storm is over, the power is back on and it has been a busy day!  During Irene I managed to finish painting "Morning in Washington Square Park" but I haven't posted it because it needs a little tweak first.  I thought I would get to it today but by the time I finished cleaning up the yard, checking in with friends, family and my horse I wasn't in the right frame of mind.  Instead I used what was left of the afternoon to varnish some paintings from the winter.  The painting on the left was my second painting of Key Bridge that particular February morning and I got it well underway before finishing it later that day at home.  I used a satin varnish on it and it looks great. On the right is the first painting that day by the same name and I sold it in May.  I will contact the buyers, who do not live far away, and ask if they would like me to also varnish their painting.
      Also, I received a shipment of plein air frames today so I will be busy framing some of the pieces sitting around my studio.  It is good to have them ready to show but once they are framed they take up more space.  One of the nice things about small works on panels is that I can just stack them.
      We were lucky here in terms of the hurricane but I know so many other places were not.  To all of you affected by Irene I wish you better days ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment