Friday, August 5, 2011

"Closet Finished"

Jesse Waiting, 20x16 oil on panel
I call this closet finished because at this point I feel like I have worked it enough and for the sake of the painting I need to banish it from site so I don't pick away at it.  Even as I took this final photo I spotted some tiny things that I would like to improve.  I fought the urge because some days from now when I look at the painting again I may not feel that way.  I will, however, need a better photo.  I had to crop too much from the right and left so you wouldn't see air behind the painting. 

Starting Monday I will be devoting myself full time to the completion of the pond painting.  I would like to have it finished by next weekend.  I say Monday and not tomorrow because I will be attending a painting demonstration by one of my favorite artists, Martin Poole, at the Principle Gallery in Old Town.  He will be painting from 11:00 to 4:00 and I am really looking forward to watching him develop a painting.  Sunday is back to Old Town for our next Art League Plein Air painters paint out from 9:00 to 12:00.  After that I think I will rest! http://www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment