Thursday, August 18, 2011

August Morning at River Bend

August Morning at River Bend, 12x16 oil on panel
Here is the painting from yesterday.  I am trying to keep my hands off my plein air work once I get  back to the studio as there is always the temptation to try to make the paintings better.  A little tweak here and there is fine but I don't think I gain anything by reworking them.  It takes the freshness out of the work.The best ones I consider finished paintings ready to frame.  Others line up against the wall as studies or reminders of what not to do next time.  This one works.  At the very end I put a little yellow in the sky and water on the right where the sun was coming from and that was the touch I wanted.  This one I'll frame and sell.
     Tomorrow my husband Dick and I are heading to NYC  and the Salmagundi Club for the closing reception for the juried non member show that I am participating in.  We are looking forward to it!
http://www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com/
http://www.salmagundi.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment