Monday, August 15, 2011

Tweaked

"Breaking Through" (morning on the Torpedo Factory Dock)
14x11 oil on panel
     The only adjustment I made to yesterday's painting was to add a couple more splashes of sunlight hitting the deck.  It is interesting how many beautiful grays can be mixed from just a few colors.  I don't often work with a palette like this but each time I do I wonder why I don't more often.  It really appeals to me!  I think I will have to revisit Whistler, he was a master at it.
     Also interesting is the difference between today's image taken earlier in the day in natural light compared to yesterday's late in the day under studio lights. 

      Today all I did was put the final touches on Erik's Pond, add the splashes of sun to the plein air painting and then rearrange the studio.  It is time for some serious cleanup.  I think I will have quite a lot out on the curb for trash pick up.  I am talking about "stuff" not paintings although there are a couple I am tempted to add to the pile.
What's next?  I think more plein air:)http://www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com/
                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment